Choosing Best SEO Firm for your Business can prove to be one of the most daunting task for any business owner. Some companies claim to have worked for several hundred clients, but would abstain from spilling any contact details of their happy clients.
Internet Marketing SEO is becoming competitive day by day. Way back in 2000, SEO was all about stuffing your pages with H1 Tags and stuffing keywords to the point where your website can explode. Gone are those Dark days ! Thanks to Google Panda and Penguin updates. Recent updates by search engines have made it difficult to manipulate search engine results using artificial or inflated SEO techniques which are frowned upon by search engines. You can read about some of these Techniques at Avoid These SEO Techniques
Search Engines are becoming smarter day by day. Even search engines like Yahoo and Bing are not tolerating SPAM in any manner. Therefore, it is important for you to ensure that the SEO Services Agency you are planning to hire delivers best SEO Services while adhering to guidelines laid by search engines including Google, Yahoo and Bing.
It’s important to choose a Website SEO Company which is qualified and experienced in all aspects of SEO: keyword research, content development, website design, off-page and on-page SEO.
If you are planning to optimize your website then you must keep in mind that there are no shortcuts in SEO promotion. You can expect a normal timeline of any project to be a minimum of 2-3 Months and a maximum of 8-12 Months. It is not worthwhile to pursue a SEO marketing plan which will start yielding results after 12 Months of optimization.
There are various companies claiming to offer “Guaranteed SEO services”. However, the truth is that most of these terms like “Guaranteed” turn out to be nothing more than a damp squib. Still, there are ways where you can make sure to hire best SEO Expert for your small business or large business website. When you are planning to select Best SEO Expert, you have to weed through a lot of companies offering “Guaranteed Empty Promises”.
Following are some of the questions you can ask from SEO Firms you are planning to hire:
Which keywords are best for my business and why ? Research is an important part of SEO. Compare the keyword list with list provided by other SEO Companies to know if they are targeting right set of keywords or not.
It is important to understand that 1 or 2-word keywords are more difficult to optimize as compared to 3-word, or 4 word keyword. If you are low on budget then focus on 3-4 word keywords. If you are high on budget then you can go for 1 or 2-word keywords. 1-2-word keywords take considerable amount of time and resources in order to optimize website on top page 1 of Google.
1 word Keywords: lawyer, attorney
2 word Keywords: texas lawyer, phoenix locksmiths
3 word keywords, SEO for Lawyers, New York Dentist.
- Will the optimization program include both off-page as well as on-page SEO services. On-page SEO includes an analysis of your site’s design, navigation, coding, and content. Off-Page SEO includes link building exercises such as Article Promotion, Press Release Promotion etc.
- Will they also analyze your competitor’s sites and let you know why they are performing well?
- Will the SEO Services Company be writing your content or they will work only with existing content? If SEO Specialist you are planning to hire does not specializes in SEO Copywriting, look elsewhere. You should also judge their own copywriting skills by email received from their Managers and other staff.
- Ask for current and previous references, and verify them. Make sure your SEO Firm is not sending you Phone number of their Friends or Family Members for verification. Verify through Phone as well as Email (Corporate Email id).
- Ask for samples of successful SEO Rankings delivered on major search engines (especially Google).
- Ask bidding SEO firms how long they have been in business, who will be working on your project and what type of Internet marketing experience they have.
- Ask how many pages they will be optimizing for the price they have quoted.
-What sort of reports will you receive to measure your progress.
- How will your site be monitored and maintained over time, and what reports will you receive to measure your progress?
While above are some of the tips to select best SEO Firm, following are some of the common mistakes that people make when trying to choose the right SEO Consultant.
a) Going with the SEO vendor that promises Guaranteed #1 rankings on first-page of Google, Yahoo or Bing.
b) Engaging SEO companies which promise to submit your site to search engines. The truth is that search engines are designed to spot your website and not vice-versa.
c) Engaging SEO service firm offering guaranteed rankings within 2-3 months for highly competitive keywords. If your website is not ranking on top 10 pages of Google then the chances of getting top page 1 rankings within 2-3 months are extremely slim. SEO is not an instant marketing strategy.
d) Offering 1000′s of backlinks from PR 4-5 or PR7 websites. The truth is that backlinks from specific PR pages is a bloated commitment clause by search engine marketers who are only involved in selling backlinks without knowledge of SEO. Real SEO Optimization is not about getting backlinks from PR5, 6 or 7. It is about the overall promotion of your website in a healthy way which is not frowned upon by search engines.
e) Going with SEO Company which does not provide contact details of their “Happy Clients”. Having 2-5 contact details would help you perceive effectiveness of their SEO services.
If you are looking for SEO for your Small Business Website, you have to be careful while selecting proper SEO Company. Whether you are looking for SEM, SEO for your Ecommerce Website or SEO for Small business website you have to be careful while selecting your SEO Firm. Following these basic tips will help you select right internet marketing agency for your business website.